Monday, January 1, 2007

Manic NYE

New year's Eve.
Unfortunately, I have been sick and in bed/couch for the past 3-4 days. Ever since Austin's funeral and the drunkenness that ensued I got super ill with strep throat or something of the sort and was delirious with a fever. So finally last night I was feeling better after being on penicillin for a day or so. So i decided to shower up, put on my new cute dress, and go over to my best friend's soiree.
My best friend Chelsea was having a "Lil' Baby New Years Party". There were pictures of new born babies everywhere and everyone got a hat that said so. By the time midnight rolled around she was holding the signs and dancing around while I snapped pictures of the everlasting moment she would never have remembered and now will be forced to.
Before the party, I went by the Trident and saw my best friend who was standing outside smoking a cigarette, 6 drinks in, on an empty stomach. Typical. He hugged me over and over and we laughed about old times and he walked me back to my car, hugged me a few more times gave me a big kiss on the lips and danced off down the alley and in the back door of the West End as I laughed and put on 'Minus the Bear' and drove off.
I proceeded to go to this guy's house who I am kind of seeing. I say kind of because he goes back to California tomorrow. So, nothing serious was ever going to come of the two of us. But he was still fun to have around while it lasted. And, hopefully we will see each other again. Anyhoo, unbeknownst to me, this guy already has company. I walk in to see 5 guys staring back at me. Listening to metal, cooking pasta, and watching UFC on TV. Awesome. "Welcome to the sausage fest" was my greeting and I plop down on the couch next to some dude half-ass introduced to me as "the guy in my band". I'm laughing by now because "guy in the band" is telling me how everyone on TV are gorillas and whores and is explaining it to me. Soon enough, I caught on and was yelling out at random intervals "WHORE!". Eventually I got bored of it, as all the boys were getting their pasta and sitting back on the couch I joined my boy at the computer and he burned me about 5 mp3 Cds of amazing music which I am actually listening to right now.
The night ended rather well, at one point I hung out with the three legged cat and whining dog in Chelsea's room, because i wasn't feeling well. But, I eventually got some energy back as Hallie, Chelsea and I decided to all dye our hair pink. Well, chels has done part of hers earlier in the day, so Hallie and I huddled up in front of the mirror with the manic panic and proceeded to put pink hair dye in our hair with a toothbrush. It turned out pretty funny. Hallie's looks really good. Mine, well, mine looks fine, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm getting my hair done soon and dying it all purple, so I can live with pink streaks for a few weeks. I can tell people I'm a freshman in high school again.
I ended up having these really vivid dreams last night, that i can't really relay here at the moment. But they were intense but really good. I woke up to a sweet text message from boy and remembered my hair was pink, so i woke up laughing. Which is always good.
I hope everyone had a good new years. I know mine could have been better, but really, I couldn't have asked for anything better considering the circumstances. Hope 2007 is good for all of you.

No comments: