Monday, January 22, 2007

Stars and Heart Problems

So, it has been awhile since I have posted anything new.
Sorry to disappoint anyone who actually checks this.
But, I'm back.
Rejoice.
For I am back in school, and writing again.
I kind of had this period over break where I was unable to write. My journal was right next to my bed. Yet, no matter how much I stared at it, nothing would come.
This is why I am loving school. It puts me in situations where I have to write. And it usually comes up satisfactory. And even if not, I am forced to sit down and really look at my piece. Therefore, making me have to go back and edit. First thought is not always best though. Though, it can be fun to see what you come up with.
I have been thinking a lot about the post I posted back in the middle of December about the situation I had with that guy. Now, If you know me, you know that I am not a person to hold grudges. I'm pretty sure it's actually physically impossible for me. So this guy, I found out recently, was trying to get in contact with me a few weeks ago. My friend, fortunately, did not give him my number. I have not seen him as of yet on campus but it is inevitable. I am not really scared, per se, to see him. I am more just undeniably curious. I am a curious person, so curious that I have been tempted to just show up at his house and ask him: "So...about that whole asking for my number thing, what did you need to tell me?" I mean, there is an endless list in my head of possibilities for this conversation that while undoubtedly arise. Every time I am on campus all I can think is: "Will I see him?". My heart has been jumping at every single person walking by me and I'm getting afraid i may have a severe heart attack soon. Pretty much, the story is that I am driving myself crazy. I want to know, damnit. So if any of you know him please tell him I want to know WTF.



A song about a six pointed star

I want to tell you something
This is not a story
I don’t tell stories
I write like I talk
I am told.
I won’t tell you elaborate stories
There may be details
Of
Things that may have happened
But you will never know
The story
I will never tell you
I will give you crumbs
But never the whole loaf of bread
I want to tell you things
I want to tell you stories
Sometimes





But I won’t
and you won’t listen
and you won’t hear
and I won’t tell you a story
about a time
when I was alone
a time when I was vulnerable
and scared
about a time when
all I wanted was to be held
but the shadows gave me
more comfort
than he did
I want to tell you something
I am human
And whatever I tell you
Is me
It will never be anything else.

Interesting story about this song/poem/piece: I wrote this as a "song" for my Intro to Creative Writing class. We had to read Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself" from Leaves of Grass and write our own "song". So, I write this. Exactly how you see it. Only after the word "Sometimes" it went up into the next column on the same page. I made it into two columns instead of two pages. So, I read it in class and my instructor then asks me to pick a good friend in class. I pick someone and he asks me to read the first column and my friend to read the second column and see how it went. So back and forth you see? It was really interesting the way it went. Try reading it the two different ways and let me know what you think. I love feedback on my work so any comment or suggestions or criticism is greatly appreciated. (Ex: "I want to tell you something" goes down to: "But I won't" and so on and so forth)

No comments: